Benefits of staying active
Most people in Ireland and Northern Ireland are missing out because they are not active enough. All of us (including those who are already at a healthy weight) can benefit from getting more active.
Did you know that physical activity can:
- Benefit your heart
- Improve your blood pressure and cholesterol
- Help you to stay at a normal, healthy weight
- Help build strong and healthy bones
- Improve your physical fitness and endurance
- Increase your physical strength and flexibility
- Tone your muscles and improve your shape
- Provide you with a general sense of well-being and improve your mood
- Build your self-esteem
- Give you a chance to mix socially and can be fun!